This tutorial will guide you through the process of installing and configuring OpenVPN on Windows 11. OpenVPN is a free and open-source software application that implements virtual private network (VPN) techniques to create secure point-to-point or site-to-site connections.
- Download the OpenVPN installer for Windows. You can download the latest version of the installer from the OpenVPN website.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts to install OpenVPN on your Windows 11 computer. Make sure to select the "TAP-Windows Adapter V9" option during the installation process.
- Download the OpenVPN configuration files. You can download the configuration files from https://my.xsusenet.com. Make sure to modify the configuration file to match the server you'd like to connect to.
- Extract the configuration files to the OpenVPN configuration directory. The default location of this directory is "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config".
- Run the OpenVPN GUI application. You can find it in the "OpenVPN" folder in the start menu or by searching for "OpenVPN GUI" in the Windows search bar.
- Right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon in the system tray and select the "Connect" option. Select the configuration file you want to use and enter your VPN credentials when prompted.
- Wait for the connection to be established. Once connected, you will see the OpenVPN GUI icon turn green. You can now access the internet securely through the VPN connection.
- To disconnect from the VPN, right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon in the system tray and select the "Disconnect" option.
That's it! You have successfully installed and configured OpenVPN on your Windows 11 computer.